This easy little recipe comes from my amazing nanny who helps us with the twins. It makes an awesome dessert or a snack and adults will love it just as much as little ones!
- 8 apples or pears – skin on or off – quartered (you could also do a bit of each!)
- 500 mL of water or coconut water
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- Add apples/pears, water/coconut water, vanilla bean paste, ginger and cinnamon to a saucepan and simmer till soft
- For ease, blend all cooked ingredients in the saucepan with a handheld mixer
- Add quinoa to the puree and simmer until quinoa is soft. The mixture will be deliciously thick!
- Enjoy warm or cool.